The fairs in Puebla de Alcocer date back to the year 1326 where Alfonso XI, King of Castilla, granted to Puebla de Alcocer the authorization of two annual fairs, one for Lent and the second from the day of San (Saint) Martin, each for a duration of 15 days. The objective was to repopulate Puebla de Alcocer and promote this unknown territory.
The May Fair as such, was opened in Puebla de Alcocer in the year 1910 and then held on 4th, 5th and 6th May. Originally animals were sold, stalls and attractions were mounted in the Plaza de España (Square of Spain), an orchestra was enjoyed at night and bullfights were watched. This tradition remained alive until 1991.
In May 2014, the fair was reinitiated, achieving great success in attendance and once again becoming a leading fair across Siberia, this time with a more commercial and agricultural character.